[gpsbug] Race Tomorrow

  • From: "Wandling, John" <jwandling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tom Orlowski (orlowski@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <orlowski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:31:29 -0400

Tom and I have been discussing postponing tomorrow's race to another day.
While the wind looks like it might be fine, the forcast is 50% for precip
all day.    I think if it looks nasty at 8:30 or so,  you should bag it and
reschedule.  One possibility would be to have the race to Hampton on Sat the
2nd serve as the 5th race.  Another would be to have it the 9th or the 16th.

Tom, if you do cancel, please do it by 0830, and send a notice to
gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gpsbug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  (the email list that I
use), and call the Leeward Marina and Brown's Marina and ask them to post a
notice.  John Edwards comes from Brown's, of course, and Orion, Richard, and
Mike come from Leeward.

Leeward Marina is 757 247 2376.  Brown's is 757 357 4456.

Many of you were planning to join the sailboat day raftup after the race,
that is a separate event headed by JJ O'Kane.  Expect to hear from him
should he cancel or reschedule that.

The way the hurricanes are spawning lately, I'm thinking we might have to
spend a few extra days dodging them, either at sea or in Bermuda.

See ya later.

John