[gps-talkusers] Re: pocket pc platforms

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 08:13:07 -0800

Hello Armando

Once the SDK is available for PocketPC devices, our software should in theory work with these devices provided that 1. it is only for the Blindness market (as our licences with our map company / map engine company dictate.)
2. the device uses a processor we support (i.e. ARM or THUMB)

Now just having our software work on that platform is only half the solution, someone will still have to write the user's interface for that device which is no small task. It took HIMs over 8 months to do it for the VoiceSense and I was actually quite impressed they finished so soon.

So I wouldn't expect you will see any new on the market for a while.
Charles.

At 08:04 AM 1/5/2008, you wrote:
Hello Members and Charles,
After reading your email in regards to someone's reply, a question popped up in my head. Being that the new SDK for pocket pcs is to come out soon, on what platforms of pocket pcs shall we as consumers expect this to be installed in? Thanks.
Armando

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC

Lat. 37 15' 25" N  Lon: 121 53' 04" W