[gps-talkusers] our discussion of which is faster creating routes, the BN or VS

  • From: "Vicky Collins" <v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 23:01:47 -0500

Hi All,

Perhaps Chris G has already tested this.  But, in the limited testing I have
done with my Voice Sense and BN products, looks as if the BN family may be
creating routes faster than the VS now with version 4.22 of the Sendero GPS.

I created, although I did it in reverse order than Raul, a vehicle route
from the Indiana School for the Blind in Indianapolis Indiana to the GW
Micro office in Fort Wayne Indiana.  And, on my mPower, it took about
thirty-eight seconds to create the route, while it took forty-four on my
Voice Sense.

I then created a vehicle route of about two hundred twenty-two
miles from where I live in Indianapolis to where my mother lives in Corbin
Kentucky.  Creating that route on my mPower took about one minute and
fifty-six seconds, while it took two minutes and twenty-four seconds on my
Voice Sense.

I used the stop watch on my PK to time the route creations.  Although, I did
also create these same routes on my PK and timed them with the stop watch on
the mPower, and they took about the same time on the PK as on the mPower.
Vicky Collins
v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx