[gps-talkusers] pacmate omni battery not working need to send in unit and nee reschedule learning how to create route on Pacmate Omni Streeetalk Vip

  • From: "Sara Rooz" <sararooz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Dave Wilkinson" <dotsandvoices@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 13:53:40 -0500

Hello list: Please forgive me for appending the following message to this list.
One individual has graciously agreed to assist me in learning how to create a
route on my notetaker the pacmate omomni with the sendero group version of
streetalk vip. Since I don't if the email address is current I am posting a
request to reschedule a convenient time to learn how to create a route on my
streetalk VIP, since my unit's battery is not charging properly and I need to
ship my unit for repair and don't know how long it will take for me to get my
unit back. Please understand the urgency of this post.
Sara Rooz
Certified Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired in New

Hello Mr. Dave Wilkinson:

Since Thhanksgiving, my pacmate omni has not been charging properly. I will
need to ship the unit to Freedom Scientific for repair. AT least I paid for
a software maintenance agreement. I don't know how long it will take to get my
original unit back. I am hoping Freedom Scientific will be open to lending
me a unit on loan, since I must take a required New York state education
Department Autism Workshop on Tuesday December 6, 2011 and don't know how else
I'll be able to take notes. My other note taker which I still have, the Braille
lite 2000, crashed on me this year and I am afraid to use it to take notes
on. We may have to reschedule our session to learn how to create a route using
the streettalk VIP program on the Pacmate. I'll contact you as soon as I
have spoken with Freedom Scientific technical support tomorrow morning prior to
me going to teach students who are blind or visually impaired with additional
disabilities. The technical support staff are very helpful when I have
contacted the technical support staff in the past when my pacmate froze and
needed
advice how to make it work again. I do have a Braille display as well as the
unit and do hope I only have to ship the unit that contains the Braille keyboard
with the eight function keys. I can't figure out where the batteries are
stored. I have had this unit for 11 months and do have a maintenance agreement
on it so I hope I am not charged a lot. Please forgive me in advance about this
turn of events. I'll contact you as soon as I know the developments when
I speak with the staff at Freedom Scientific. Thanks in advance.

Please email me since my cell phohne is not working proprerly. I will need to
replace the batteries or get another cell phone.

Sara Rooz

Certified Teacher of the Blind and Visually Impaired in New York

Independent Related Service Provider Vision Education Services in New York City
 ork