[gps-talkusers] Re: ot a quick dumb question: sorry: new at this:

  • From: "Steve" <drum67-72@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:24:03 -0400

First, the cabbie might take a route that is different than what your GPS has
specified.  That doesn't necessarily mean he is taking you on a longer route.
For example, there might be four other cross streets that get you to your
destination street.

But, if you have an idea about where he is going, say by putting in your
deswtination, you can see if he is getting closer to the destination.  You can
of course, periodically look for upcoming intersections with X or you can turn
on lookaround with chord m.  The thing I don't like about look around for
intersections is that it only announces an intersection when you turn or come
to a stop.  That's why I usually use repeat mode with X or just periodically
press X when I'm on a bus.