[gps-talkusers] Re: have a question about acquisition of satellites

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:42:35 -0400

We found in all our pre-tests that turning on the receiver first gave much better results. This is why we put that in the SenseNav manual.

Mary Ellen Earls said the following on 7/2/2008 3:23 PM:
Andy, Yes, I turn the receiver on first. I actually started doing this back in the days of the Earthmate Blue Logger because we are in the desert and it took so long to get a position (sometimes a good 5 to 6 minutes,) so when I got the Holux, I continued to do this. Interestingly in the Voice Sense Nav owner's manual they tell you to switch on the receiver first.
I don't remember what I did with Trekker, as I haven't used it in ages.
Mary Ellen Earls
----- Original Message ----- From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <Andrew.Baracco@xxxxxx>