[gps-talkusers] Re: has anyone used talks

  • From: "Jeff Molzow" <jmolzow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 03:23:45 -0700

Hello Jason:

I've used the Talks software and am very pleased with it. I use my cell
(Nokia 6600) for my business line and can do just about EVERYTHING a sighted
user can do including: caller ID, text messaging, email, 99% of the phone's
settings, and even send already taken images to a friend's email.  The only
drawback to this software is it does tend to slow the phone down a bit. The
processor in these phones  is not real powerful and the talks takes a big
chunk out of it.

Talks is one of two accessible softwares that I know about for these types
of phones, the other one being Mobile Speak which I have no experience with.
Overall, I am very pleased with the software and do not regret my purchase
of it in the least.  Until this software came along, we, as blind users, had
no idea what we were missing and how fun these phones could be.

If you get the chance, could you please email me with the name and possibly
a location to download the color identifier software for the phone??  You
can contact me at jmolzow@xxxxxxx in order to take this off list or if you
have additional questions or would like to hear the phone in action

hth.
Jeff