[gps-talkusers] good old gps

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers-freelists.org" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:30:25 +0000

Hi list
First must say how sad I am to hear the loss of a lovely dog.
Well to-day I was piano tuning in Leeds and the dog and gps were brilliant.
on a noisey bus the braille output on my pk is a winner. it tracked me five miles and bang on the correct bus stop. it is so busy now and people are not what they used to be I am really sure that very soon it will be nearly impossible for us totally blind people to get about at certain times of the day due to busy conditions. I know the sendero pk and gps are expensive but I am so fortunate to have a job and I think the gps is worth every penny. if I could see a screen I could have a cheap gps but I cannot and we are so lucky this technology is hear for us.