[gps-talkusers] Re: e: Re: annot get my gps to connect with braillenote can somebody help me?

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 19:39:46 -0500

Hello Karen,
this is taken directly from the Sendero FAQ.

How do I connect to my GPS Bluetooth Receiver?
1. Go into your KeySoft Options menu (Space with O on a BT), or
(Function with O
 on a QT)
2. Press C for Connectivity
3. Press B for Bluetooth, make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
4. Turn on your GPS Bluetooth receiver and have it near your
BrailleNote
5. If this is the first time, or you have done a 4-5-6 or J-K-L
RESET press Y
 on "Search for Devices?"  If this is not the first time, press
 to go straight to the list of devices.
6. Once the list is returned scroll down until you find your specific
GPS receiver Eg.
"Holux M-1000"
7. Press enter on your receiver
8. You will then hear "List of services for your GPS receiver
9. Scroll down until you hear "Active sync" and then press ENTER
10. Answer Y to the prompt "Pair with receiver and activate active
sync?"
11. When asked for an authentication code enter a 4 digit number
usually it is 0000
, but for some GPS receivers it may be
1234
 consult the documentation you received with your GPS receiver.
12. If you get the message "Failed to pair with GPS receiver" you will
need to repeat
the above process.
13. Once successful, you should hear a message similar to this:
"Paired with Holux M-1000,
active sync active." Note: the name shown above is just an example,
your receiver
name may be different.

14. Now return to the Main Menu and start the GPS program.
15. Press O to access the Sendero Options menu.
16. Press G to set your GPS receiver Type.
17. Press B for Bluetooth GPS receiver.
18. Press enter on the GPS receiver, it should have the same name as
the receiver you
paired.
19. The system will now try to connect to this GPS Bluetooth receiver
and you should
hear "Successfully connected to GPS receiver"