[gps-talkusers] e: Re: Traveling in Manhattan

  • From: JD Townsend <1587@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 09:01:07 -0400

Hi:

Manhattan is, for me, much easier then traveling around home in Daytona Beach where curbs don't exist and even sidewalks are rare. Street crossing even with stop lights can be difficult if there is little traffic to gage from.

In the City it is very clear when cars on the avenues stop for a light or when you reach a curb. I have used the Sendero GPS system on a BrailleNote and reception seems, on my older receiver, to be very good in parks and wanting in areas with too close buildings. It did surprise me picking up a good signal from an inner building windowsill.
Best of luck.

                JD Townsend
                Helping the light dependent to see.

Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth