[gps-talkusers] Towns and villages

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:56:00 +0100

HI All,

I just downloaded some of the extra POIs from the Sendero site, and discovered to my great delight that the file called European cities actually includes all the little towns and villages in Europe. The only thing I had missed since switching from Trekker was that Trekker had a POI category called "place", which included these very small towns and villages. I missed knowing where these places were if they didn't happen to have a post office or some other meaningful POI, so I'm passing this on particularly for people in the UK and Europe who may not have realised what a big difference this set of POIs would make.

Best,

Peter

--

*******