[gps-talkusers] Re: Sounds turning back on after a regular reset?

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:05:14 -0500

Hi Vicky,
One way you can turn sounds off is to either rename or delete the
sounds sub folder within the GPS folder on your flash disk.
I would rename the folder so you can get them back if you desire
without reinstalling the program.

The sounds turning back on after reset is a known issue and will be
addressed in the next version.

Thanks
Chris
On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:55:56 -0500, "Vicky Collins"
<v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Are the sounds with the Sendero GPS supposed to be turned back on after a no
>key reset?  I was thinking mine were coming back on a lot with my PK, but
>didn't figure
>out why until I was playing with creating the routes the other night and did
>a couple of regular resets and noticed my background sound being turned back
>on.  I use my GPS a lot on the bus going to and from work, and thus want to
>have the sounds turned off and just use the Braille display.
>
>Speaking of the background sound, however, with the Sense NAV, I couldn't
>seem
>to find an option to turn off the background/progress sound.  Now, I could
>find it for
>other apps on the Voice Sense, but there didn't seem to be a setting for it
>in the Sense NAV program, and the general option for the other programs
>didn't seem to cover it while in the Sense NAV.  Still further with the
>Sense NAV program, although doing the shortcut of o and then s s seemed to
>remember that one had turned off all sounds, even just exiting the GPS
>program without doing a reset, seemed to turn the sounds back on.  However,
>going
>through the menus with space m options and then route sounds and
>deactivating all route sounds did maintain my
>setting of turning off all sounds, even after the reset.
>Vicky Collins
>v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing