[gps-talkusers] Sounds turning back on after a regular reset?

  • From: "Vicky Collins" <v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 13:55:56 -0500

Are the sounds with the Sendero GPS supposed to be turned back on after a no
key reset?  I was thinking mine were coming back on a lot with my PK, but
didn't figure
out why until I was playing with creating the routes the other night and did
a couple of regular resets and noticed my background sound being turned back
on.  I use my GPS a lot on the bus going to and from work, and thus want to
have the sounds turned off and just use the Braille display.

Speaking of the background sound, however, with the Sense NAV, I couldn't
seem
to find an option to turn off the background/progress sound.  Now, I could
find it for
other apps on the Voice Sense, but there didn't seem to be a setting for it
in the Sense NAV program, and the general option for the other programs
didn't seem to cover it while in the Sense NAV.  Still further with the
Sense NAV program, although doing the shortcut of o and then s s seemed to
remember that one had turned off all sounds, even just exiting the GPS
program without doing a reset, seemed to turn the sounds back on.  However,
going
through the menus with space m options and then route sounds and
deactivating all route sounds did maintain my
setting of turning off all sounds, even after the reset.
Vicky Collins
v-collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx