[gps-talkusers] Re: Sendero GPS for car travel [was Braillenote] FW: Way To Go is released!

  • From: Peter Bosher <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:34:27 +0100

Hi Ian, and All,

As others have said, the Sendero GPS works brilliantly in a car, but there is
one major problem with using it in the UK.  It does not yet cope properly with
roundabouts when giving route instructions, so if you are helping to navigate,
you will get stuck at every roundabout.   I'm copying this to the GPS-talkusers
list just to keep the issue live.  The developer has kindly said that it's
being addressed, but I'm not entirely sure hhe is yet convinced of just how
useless it is at the moment.

Charles, if this seems harsh, then I'd happily make logs for you to show you
how impossible it would be to give useful navigation to a driver in this
country.

All the best,

Peter

*******