[gps-talkusers] Re: Scotland and Britain questions

  • From: "Michael May" <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:22:11 -0500

Judy,

There is a slight difference in Europe verses the US when it comes to the
GPS item called WAAS. those are the ground based stations that add some
accuracy when they can be picked up. They are called WAAS in the US and
EGNOS in Europe. When you see WAAS reported with your GPS accuracy, and you
are in Europe, that actually means you are picking up EGNOS, which results
in the same benefit.

Maps of course vary from town to town as do points of interest data.

Mike