[gps-talkusers] successfully tripped walking using gps program thanks for help from this listt

  • From: "Sara Rooz" <sararooz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:49:39 -0400

Hi List:
Regarding my gps receiver, I  needed to pair it up with my note taker and the
gps program and gps receiver worked fine. Today, I created a route to walk from
my home to a local store and activated my gps. I uused my cane safely and was
able to read my Braille display while I was walking a block and knew the
particular intersection I was approaching and the right directional change to
make at the exact pointin the route. I managed to use a landmark tolocate the
music store and made a few purchases music. I then was able to travel back from
the store to my house with my cane and gps and knew to make the correct
directional change and what intersection I was approaching. I feel so
liberated. I cannot wait to go on more trips walking in my neighborhood. Thanks
for everyone's help on this list to assistance in achieving this fabulous
milestone.
Sara Rooz
Owner Freedom Scientific Pacmate Omni and gps program streettalk vip
P.s.I plan to use my gps to traveling in  a vehicle from my home to a
conference for professionals in my field in Troy New York. I was so impressed
that when selecting the city of troy and then selecting from the pois
hotel/accommodations that upon entering the address of the conference and
selecting the subcategoryunder hotel/accomodations under the subscategoryof
"Hottel" that I found a hotel with one block walking distance from the
conference and was able to call the hotel and make reservations. So if I don't
post to this list in  late August, be aware that I am attending a professional
conference.
Sara Rooz