[gps-talkusers] Repeat commands and user POIs

  • From: "Eric Brinkman" <eric.brinkman1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:29:28 -0400

On the few occasions when I've tried using my sense nav in an unfamiliar
area, I never used any of the auto-repeat commands.  However I think for my
trip to NYC I will try using them.  What information do others have repeated
every 10 or 15 seconds in an unfamiliar area?  What about a familiar area?

Also, while I was listening to the Sendero tutorial, I noticed the
instructor created a user POI when the sidewalk sloped down.  It seems like
creating a user POI for every change in the terrain or obsticle in the
sidewalk would be counterproductive.  When I'm on my college campus, I don't
even use the GPS most of the time since it doesn't know the campus.  How
often do you create user POIs?

Eric