[gps-talkusers] Re: Points of Interest

  • From: Michael May <mikemay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:30:46 -0700

David,

Send me the address you are looking for points from. I have looked at the Wisconsin files and they appear to be intact. There should be two in your POI directory, Bonus and Core. Make sure the files are there and that you have the POI folder set to the folder they are in.

Now here's something interesting.  There are no points of interest in
Wisconsin.  Now I know that won't surprise some of you, but it does
those of us who live here.  Is there a way that I can (a) make sure the
system is pointing to the right folder?  (b) figure out why the state
has become uninteresting to even satellites, and (c) avoid future
problems like this?  I'd really be unhappy if we were to lose, say
Chicago, or perhaps southern California.

FYI, using the 3.3, and in virtual mode setting up a trip.  Thanks.  Now
I'd understand this if I was say in Wyoming.

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T tactile watch, Talks cell phone software and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West