[gps-talkusers] No categories for poi data in sendero maps on the pc

  • From: Mary Otten <motten53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:00:40 -0700

Hello all,

I was subscribed to this list a while back, and now I'm back again with a
problem. I recently purchased the sendero maps program for the pc. I downloaded
and installed the Oregon map, 3 files. I also downloaded and copied into the
same maps directory where Oregon is housed the Lane county transit district
files as well as the west coast poi files and the poi files that are suppose to
have info on lakes trails etc. I don't remember the names of all these files,
but all are in the same folder as the Oregon map. when I open the sendero maps
program, my map loads fine and I have 5 commercial poi files loaded and no user
poi files loaded. When I do poi searches, there is never info in the category
list or subcategory list. The pois nearest me come up in a list, but those
category lists are blank. If I try to do an advanced search, say I want to find
restaurants in my area, I can't because there are no categories listed in the
combo boxes, just numbers 1 2 3 etc as you arrow down. What did I miss or what
am I doing wrong with respect to my instalation? The transit feeds do show up
although in categories, they're not called transit stop; maybe there is no such
official category? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mary
Mary Otten
motten53@xxxxxxxxx