[gps-talkusers] My trip yesterday:

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 08:44:06 -0700

Hi!
I had some business to take care of quite a distance from my home, yesterday, and had an unusually pleasant driver. He had a gps but he wanted to know all about the Sendero one and I turned it on because I had made a route to this place I'd say a year ago. The accuracy was much better in version 4 and as we traveled, our notes between his gps and mine were identical. He asked all sorts of questions about my unit, and when I offered to turned the speech off he said "leave it on, I want to hear that little man!" But what was so cool was that I had other stops after my business was taken care of, and since this was a charter, they charged per mile and I was able to accurately tell the driver before he finished figuring out the cost the mileage we had traveled for his log.

Well needless to say he was extremely impressed and it goes without saying how impressed I was as well.
So again, well done, Charles!
Mary Ellen Earls