[gps-talkusers] Re: My Latest Experience with GPS

  • From: Joleen <cjferg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:08:10 -0700

Hi Again,

I am using the Holux gpslim236 receiver. I think the M-1000 could have saved the day for finding the cabin to get my luggage, but I don't think it could have found a route to the camp. I think this is a map issue again. However, the roads were accurate and even the winding road was there. We wound all around and the GPS was happy as could be. It seemed to be tracking us and believing that we were on route to that spurious camp site.

With regard to the route I created and then could not reverse later, I am pretty sure now that the problem lay in the fact that I was outside the route when I attempted to reverse it. Now I ask, what could I have done to locate the end of the route where I needed to start to retrace my path by reversing the route.

Perhaps I could have created the destination to be the location of the building where I was and had marked when ending the route creation process. Then, If I could have gone to that spot, I wonder if I could have then reversed the route.

I am now more than 125 miles from there and there is no way that I can get back there in real time to experiment.

Thanks for any input.

I can hardly wait to report the rousing success on this list that others are having. I know the product is very good, but I seem to be in the minority of those who are having issues.

Joleen