[gps-talkusers] Maiden voyage

  • From: "Peggy Kern" <kernsac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:25:14 -0700

Well, we let our daughter borrow our car this evening, and when she came back, of course we had to drive her home, so what better chance to test out the M-1000? I'm amazed! One thing I discovered is that it seems like I have to turn on the receiver before starting the program. When I tried to start the program first, even with the receiver on, I got that it wasn't detected. I'll have to do a little more playing to understand that. But once it was up and running, which was almost immediately, it was great. I did get one brief "no fix" message, but a backspace with b took care of that almost immediately, and I had WAAS almost the whole time, with good or very good quality. I think I might take my BrailleNote to work tomorrow, just to see if it picks up quickly again tomorrow morning. I'm really impressed so far.

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/