[gps-talkusers] Re: Importing Coordinates

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:01:54 -0800

Hi Dave, currently that file is a binary format, future versions of the software will probably have some kind of export capabilities.

We could do a one time dump for you into an ascii text file if you want to send Sendero your user.poi file. If this is something you want please contact me off-line and I will be happy to convert your user POIs to a text file and send that back to you.

Charles.

At 09:49 AM 1/22/2008, you wrote:
I am trying to import coordinates from the user.poi file to publish in other locations/devices. When opening the file in a variety of applications and formats (text-only, etc) I am have only successfully translated the poi names -- the coordinates come up in any number of illegible characters.

Does anyone have tips for how to successfully import and use the coordinates?

Thanks in advance!

-- Dave

Looking for last minute shopping deals? <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Charles M. La Pierre CTO