[gps-talkusers] Re: Identifying The Correct Receiver

  • From: Charles LaPierre <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:04:20 -0800

Hi Rich,

The problem is you need to clear out the old GPS settings in the program. To do this just set your GPS receiver to none in the GPS program then reselect the holux m1000 GPS receiver, this should fix the problem. If it still occurs do the same thing except also do a 456 reset and then repair your m1000.

Charles.

At 01:57 PM 1/12/2008, you wrote:
I just finished upgrading to GPS version 4.22 and firing up my new Holux M-1000. I still have the Holux slim 236 paired in the Braille Note's option menu. Although the M-1000 is the only receiver active and turned on, GPS v. 4.22 says it is recognizing the slim 236. It is obvious from the accuracy statements (accuracy I never got with the 236) that it is recognizing the M-1000. What am I missing? It is not a technical problem, just added confusion to an already confused mind.

Rich Irwin
<mailto:rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>rich.irwin@xxxxxxxxxxx

Charles M. La Pierre CTO
Sendero Group, LLC