[gps-talkusers] I-Blue 737-A GPS receiver

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:35:47 -0800

I saw the below message on another list and am sending it in
the hope that the Sendero staff either already has, or soon
will review this GPS receiver and provide their expert
assessment.  The message is as follows:

For the  last week or so, I have been using the I-Blue
737A+. I must
say that this receiver is very impressive. I upgraded from
the Holux
M-1000, which is an excellent receiver as  well. The
specifications
for the I-Blue 737A+ is as follows:

 iBlue 737A+ is equipped with a 66-channel MTK chipset, it
provides
ultra-high sensitivity -165dBm tracking and -148dBm signal
acquisition. By integrating a smart power-saving option with
fuzzy
auto on/off, the iBlue 737A+ is also the most
power-efficient receiver
available. Highly sensitive and super-efficient, this device
enjoys
wide consumer appeal.
Features
.Semi indoor fixed
.AGPS available
.66 channels Bluetooth GPS
.Smart Power Save Mechanism
.Fuzzy Auto On/Off
.Longer battery life of up to 32 hrs per full char
.3 hrs charge time
Here are the ways in which this  receiver out performs the
M-1000.
I flew from California to Louisiana  and did not turn on the
GPS
receiver until I got to Louisiana. I turndon the 737A+
inside a
one-story house and was able to get a position fix within 30
seconds,
where it took the M-1000 over a minute. I then did
aside-by-side test
of GPS Drift and Multi-Path.  Over the course of a few
minutes, there
was  no drift or multi-path to be reported from the 737A+,
where the
M-1000 had a change in position of around 50  feet and a
change in
heading of +/- 90 degrees. I then markda User POI and the
entire time
the POI staydwithin 30 feet, where the M-1000 had the POI
staying
within 50 feet.
Note: All of these test were done within a one-story house,
where
multi-path and drift is more of an issue.
i have also seen 12 and13 satellites on more than one
occasion using
the 737A+ and an accuracy of 7 feet, where I have seen the
M-1000 have
 an accuracy of 9 feet and 12 and 13 satellites just once or
twice.
So, I would recommend this receiver to anyone who is looking
at a new
receiver as not only are the  specifications are great, but
the real-life testing backs  up the specifications.
The I-Blue 737A+ is going for aroundUSD50 from:
http://www.BuyGPSNow.com/
I would recommend this site to anyone as the site is very
accessible,
easy to manageandI got the receiver within two days of
ordering it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Don Roberts