[gps-talkusers] HOLLUX M1200 RECEIVER

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:40:47 -0800

Holux made a model 240, which came out after the 236 and it is this same pack of gum size unit. I believe the 1200 is the same idea and it has similar attributes. It is cute and small but it doesn't work as well up against buildings as the 1000. This could be because the patch antenna has a smaller surface area than the 1000. Smaller isn't always better. However if you aren't among tall buildings a lot, the 1200 is probably fine.

I have taken a look at the m-1200.
Here's the story as i see it.
1. it has 12 to 15 hours of battery life.
2. it does not have a user replacable battery.
3.  it's performance is slightly less then the m-1000.

That could be because i had it in my backpocket for a short time and
it was all over the place.

Having said that, it still is a good little receiver.  it's shaped
like a stick of gum so it is too small to fit in the holux custom
case.
If the size of the receiver is an issue, you could use the m-1200.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:48:00 -0000, "Carol Pearson"
<carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I haven't yet upgraded from my 236 though have the M1000 on my birthday list
>... but I notice there's now a M1200.
>
>Even if it is suitable, I know Sendero may well not have looked at it yet
>but, if you have taken a look and have comments, I'd be interested to know
>if this is likely to work well for us and/or if it could be even better than
>the M1000.
Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing
Phone: 888-757-6810 EXT. 113
        Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of the Cadillac of accessible GPS products as well as distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Victor Stream, Talks, Miniguide and the ID Mate

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson available at http://www.CrashingThrough.com

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

1-888-757-6810, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA