[gps-talkusers] Re: Getting warmer?

  • From: "Mary Ellen Earls" <meearls@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 03:08:32 -0700

Hi, here's how getting warmer works.
First pick a place near you and type control d to set it as your destination.
Now, make sure look around is on with space m and m l.
Now type m which is the repeat command and type d for destination.
Now begin to walk and as you are walking the gps will tell you how much closer or farther away you are from your destination. You can start simply with something like a tree or your front door or the Garage or whatever. I actually use this to the exclusion of just about everything else. I have no idea why, I think it stems from the days when we had no maps and the getting warmer method was the only way we could find certain places unless we wanted to lay our own trail of bread crumbs for a route.
Boy, how far we have come!
Mary Ellen Earls
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melinda Rauch" <mrauch@xxxxxxxxx>