[gps-talkusers] Re: No San Pedro in the california maps

  • From: "don bishop" <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 22:52:15 -0800

Hi  Paul,

Okay. Try this. Set your virtual position to long beach california. You can pick a cross street or whatever to get pinpointed.

Then do the advanced poi search with read f on the qt. SEt the start distance to 0 and the ending distance to maybe 10 miles or a little more. Search all categories and for the string put:

los angeles cruise ship trmnl

and see if you get it. I get it here and it shows as being in San Pedro ca. Then if that isn't the exact one you want, you can set it as your virtual position and you'll be in san pedro. I set my virtual position to near 2300 mira mar ave long beach, long beach-lakewood california.

It shows the terminal as being 8.85 miles sw of that location.

Try it and see what happens.

Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>