[gps-talkusers] Re: Customizing Sounds

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:41:15 -0400

Hi Judy,
did you  space down to the gps folder and then hit space with dots
5-6?
do not hit enter at that point, hit space dots 5-6.
the system responds
list of folders on flash disk you can press space to then find the
sounds folder.

I assume if you go into gps you can play your sounds.

Let me know if this helps.
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:12:42 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time), you wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Hello
>> You can customize the sounds the GPS program uses.  To customize the
>> sounds in your
>> GPS program you need to replace the existing wav files with the wav
>> files that you
>> want to use. When compiling your customized sounds, you must use the
>> following file
>> names:
>> Arrived Near Destination.wav
>> Arrived Near Virtual.wav
>> Background Operation.wav
>> Nearest Intersection.wav
>> Route Continue Straight.wav
>> Route Recalculating Pedestrian.wav
>> Route Recalculating Vehicle.wav
>> Route Turn Around.wav
>> Route Turn Now.wav
>> Route Warning Off Route.wav
>> Because you will be using the same file name for the customized
>> sounds, the original
>> sounds will simply be copied over.  To copy the customized files:
>> 1. Copy the sound files into a folder on your Compact Flash card. We
>> suggest naming
>> it "custom GPS sounds."
>> 2. Select "File manager" from the Main Menu, either by pressing
>> SPACEBAR repeatedly and ENTER
>> when you hear "File Manager" or press
>> F to go there directly.
>> 3. From the File Manager menu Select Copy a file by pressing C.
>> 4. Select the source drive your sounds are on, in this case it will be
>> the Compact Flash
>> card.
>> 5. Select the folder your wav sound files are in by using standard
>> KeySoft navigation.
>> 6. At the "File name?" prompt press SPACE with dots 3-5
>> on a Braille Keyboard or
>> * (SHIFT #8) on the QWERTY keyboard and press ENTER.
>> 7. You will hear the number of files selected, then will be prompted
>> for the destination
>> drive.
>> 8. Select the flash disk
>> 9. At the folder name prompt press SPACE
>> repeatedly until you locate the GPS folder.
>> 10. Press SPACE with dots 5-6 with the Braille keyboard or the
>> RIGHT ARROW
>> on the QWERTY keyboard.
>> 11. Press SPACE to move to the sounds sub folder and press ENTER.
>> 12. You will be told the number of files selected and asked to confirm
>> each file.  Press
>> N if you do not wish to be prompted to copy each file.
>> 13. You will be informed that files exist  then asked to replace.
>> Press A
>> to replace all if you do not wish to confirm each file.
>> Start Navigation and test the sounds to make sure your new custom
>> sounds are working
>> correctly.
>> Hope this helps.
>> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:21:07 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time), you wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to customize sounds in the GPS program.  I have a brailleNote
>>> PK.  In the manual, it says that the sound files are on the flash disk in
>>> GPS\Sounds.  I found the GPS directory but there are no files in it and no