[gps-talkusers] Re: Customizing Sounds

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:44:38 -0400

Hello
You can customize the sounds the GPS program uses.  To customize the
sounds in your
GPS program you need to replace the existing wav files with the wav
files that you
want to use. When compiling your customized sounds, you must use the
following file
names:
Arrived Near Destination.wav
Arrived Near Virtual.wav
Background Operation.wav
Nearest Intersection.wav
Route Continue Straight.wav
Route Recalculating Pedestrian.wav
Route Recalculating Vehicle.wav
Route Turn Around.wav
Route Turn Now.wav
Route Warning Off Route.wav
Because you will be using the same file name for the customized
sounds, the original
sounds will simply be copied over.  To copy the customized files:
1. Copy the sound files into a folder on your Compact Flash card. We
suggest naming
it "custom GPS sounds."
2. Select "File manager" from the Main Menu, either by pressing
SPACEBAR repeatedly and ENTER
 when you hear "File Manager" or press
F to go there directly.
3. From the File Manager menu Select Copy a file by pressing C.
4. Select the source drive your sounds are on, in this case it will be
the Compact Flash
card.
5. Select the folder your wav sound files are in by using standard
KeySoft navigation.
6. At the "File name?" prompt press SPACE with dots 3-5
 on a Braille Keyboard or
* (SHIFT #8) on the QWERTY keyboard and press ENTER.
7. You will hear the number of files selected, then will be prompted
for the destination
drive.
8. Select the flash disk
9. At the folder name prompt press SPACE
 repeatedly until you locate the GPS folder.
10. Press SPACE with dots 5-6 with the Braille keyboard or the
RIGHT ARROW
 on the QWERTY keyboard.
11. Press SPACE to move to the sounds sub folder and press ENTER.
12. You will be told the number of files selected and asked to confirm
each file.  Press
N if you do not wish to be prompted to copy each file.
13. You will be informed that files exist  then asked to replace.
Press A
 to replace all if you do not wish to confirm each file.
Start Navigation and test the sounds to make sure your new custom
sounds are working
correctly.
Hope this helps.