[gps-talkusers] Re: CROSS STREETS

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:57:30 +0900

Hello, Kathy,
Well, look at it from a programmer's point of view. To get from point A to point B with your car, the first thing you do is get up on the freeway, pick the proper off-ramp, and procede to point B. Well, you ask yourself, what if point B is just two blocks down the street? Well, it's back to the freeway again. That is the way it is done, do not argue about it, resistance is futile. If you are not rolling on the floor laughing yourself sick about now, you have no clew of the gravity of the situation or the fact that I have just defied gravity with levity.

Have a nice day

Dick Myers

From: "kath lueders" <kageylucy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] CROSS STREETS
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:30:13 -0500

Hi GPS Users,

I want to know the cross streets around an address.  I know the GPS
tells me six, but I'm wondering if there is a way to know more than
six.
I am asking, because I want to know an area traveling via a different
route than my GPS is creating.  There is an angle street nearby, so
when I ask for a pedestrian route, it takes me via that angle street
rather than via the straight street.  And when I ask it to create a
vehicle route, it takes me via the freeway, which I definitely do not
want.

Thank you for your help.

Nina, Austin, and Kathleen Goetsch Lueders kageylucy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<< winmail.dat >>