[gpodder-devel] non-ascii character support

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:10:24 +0200

Hello, Jonathan!

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 18:59 +0000, Jonathan Charnas wrote:
> I think I can do you one better. I can modify the current ebuild to
> accept 0.9.1 and then use it in the overlay, and submit the new ebuild
> for inclusion.

That sounds really good =) I think some other Gentoo users on this list
will also be very happy to hear a new ebuild for the latest version
appearing :)

> I don't think there has been any difference in building 0.9.1 since
> 0.9.0, has there?

No, the build process is the same. You should call
"gtk-update-icon-cache" to update the hicolor icon theme icon cache (I'm
sure the code for this can be found in other ebuilds that add
application icons to the hicolor icon theme folder.

In the Debian package, I have the following code in the postinst script:

if [ -x /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache ]
then
  /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor
fi

Enjoy,