[gpodder-devel] gPodder 0.10.4 "Faster Pussycats Kill" released

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:04:55 +0100

Hello, Jeff!

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 15:11 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2008 1:59 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 2008 2:05 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I just ran into this doing a test build for fedora.  I'm going to
> > > going to make a local package patch since this is already fixed in
> > > your svn.  Fedora devel and f8 updates-testing packages should land in
> > > a couple of days.
> >
> > builds are done and packages are in updates-testing for F7 and F8.
>
> 0.10.4 packages should now be available in updates-released for F7 and F8.
>
> I'm probably not going to build 0.11.x releases for F7 and F8. But I
> may put them into the Fedora development tree, to be distributed with
> F9 when its released. Unless the 0.11 series is meant to be a
> development branch and not meant to be stable enough for enduser
> consumption.

Yes, keeping 0.10.4 in F7 and F8 seems fine to me. Are people running F9
already? There should be at least one usable package of the latest
upstream version for each distribution (i.e. in Debian, we have the
"unstable" and "testing" [what becomes "stable" on release] repositories
which always contain the newest version).

Thanks for doing the RPM packaging work :)