[gpodder-devel] On the status of the gPodder project

  • From: sebastian at realpath.org (Sebastian Krause)
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:39:32 +0100

"Thomas Perl" <thp at gpodder.org> wrote:
> You wrote:
>> "Thomas Perl" <thp at gpodder.org> wrote:
>>> Do users have to have a Google account to be able to use Google
>>> Groups?
>>
>> To read it over the web, yes. But not for the mailing list part.
>
> The mailing list part is not so important in my opinion, because
> for that, we already have "gpodder-devel".

The mailing list part might be important to actually get the answers
back to the user. Many of the more technical people hate web forums
as hell and simply might not read them when there isn't a good
gateway for a more useful way of communicating. So a pure user forum
might end up as a place where we really only have the users and no
people with knowledge to answer. And that's not really useful.