[gpodder-devel] On the status of the gPodder project

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:41:18 -0700

You wrote:
> "Thomas Perl" <thp at gpodder.org> wrote:
> > Do users have to have a Google account to be able to use Google
> > Groups?
>
> To read it over the web, yes. But not for the mailing list part.

The mailing list part is not so important in my opinion, because for
that,
we already have "gpodder-devel".

> > Is Google Groups end user-friendly? We already have the mailing list,
> > and ideally, I want to have something like Experts Exchange where a user
> > asks a question and others can "reply" to that, but at some point, there
> > is a "right answer", which will be marked as such, and the thread can be
> > closed (and the question + answer probably moved to some "Q&A
> > repository").
>
> Google Groups is end user-friendly, but I guess it doesn't have
> those features of marking the "right" answer. And I don't really
> like the idea of closing threads because there might always be
> something new about the topic.

What about something like http://getsatisfaction.com/? Might this be
suited
for our user base of not-so-technically-inclined users? They do have
paid
services, but there is a free package available, also, which we might
use.