[gpodder-devel] Invalid feed: can gPodder handle it?

  • From: jerome.chabod at ifrance.com (jerome.chabod at ifrance.com)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 08:48:59 +0100

Tanks Thomas

The a) does not work, since the feed should'nt be public... one should normaly
register and log in to the web site and watch the videos from there. Somebody
as found the trick, but it's better not to tell them ;)

The b) is a very good idea, I will try it.
J?r?me

De : thp at perli.net
Date : 21/02/08 19:55:23
A : Development for gPodder

Sujet : Re: [gpodder-devel] Invalid feed: can gPodder handle it?
Hello, ?J?r?me!

 On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 22:17 +0100, J?r?me Chabod wrote:
 > This feed
 > http://www.rss-one.com/rss-3950-Canal-Plus---Le-Zapping stores
 > its episodes url in  tag instead of  and thus
 > can't be handled by gPodder.
 > I imagine this is invalid, but is there a way to read it in gpodder?

 I think you would have to mess with feedparser. In short: It's not a
 valid feed. Possible solutions:

 a) Write to them they should fix their INVALID, BUGGY RSS feed

 b) Write an XSLT transformation (or a Python script that modifies the
    XML document using DOM or something) that you put on your server that
    corrects the buggy RSS feed and outputs a valid podcast RSS feed,
    and subscribe to that URL

 For "b)", it would be nice if you could send in the resulting script or
 xslt file, because I think many people could profit from such a script
 that they can customize on their server and make buggy feeds working.
 That said, podcast authors should really fix their RSS feeds. After all,
 that's why we have standards (and why it's so easy for gPodder to
 subscribe to feeds from so many different sites and authors).

My...o? ? You...quoi ? Face...qui ?... Vous ne savez plus comment ?tre
vous-m?me ?
Pour Cr?er, Partager et enfin Gagner ... D?couvrez iDOO en vid?o
http://www.idoo.com/fr/videomark.php