[gpodder-devel] Do we need a podcast directory?

  • From: jerome.chabod at ifrance.com (jerome.chabod at ifrance.com)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:44:15 +0100

Hello,

I don't really need such feature. If it's available, I would certainly submit
my podcasts but would probably never subscribe. I also think it would require
some moderation (to filter and categorize feeds). If some people want to do
this job, why not.

I find most of my podcasts from http://podemus.com/ (a directory for french
speaking podcasts) or on the internet.

J?r?me

De : thp at perli.net
Date : 26/02/08 09:17:00
A : Development for gPodder

Sujet : [gpodder-devel] Do we need a podcast directory?
Hello!

 I'm thinking about adding some kind of "directory" or "channel search"
 functionality to gPodder. The current support ("Import from Web") with
 the list at http://gpodder.org/directory.opml is a bit limited, so I'm
 thinking about what is the best way to get a list of interesting
 channels and present them in an useful way.

 Possible solutions:

  * Aggregate data from podcast directories (have to ask, etc..)
  * Add a "submit" functionality to gPodder

 The "submit" functionality would enable gPodder users to select some (or
 all) of their subscribed channels, add a note or some other details to
 the channel info and send it to the gPodder website where it could be
 added to the podcast directory. This directory could then be searched
 and displayed from within gPodder in a similiar way that the OPML
 importer currently does.

 Of course, the "submit" function is totally optional, i.e. you have to
 select it from the menu, then select your channels, add some info and
 then send it to the gPodder website.

  * Do we need such a function?
  * How do you discover new channels?
  * Would you be willing to contribute to the directory?
  * What would you like to see in terms of discovering channels?
 ? * What do you think of the idea?

My...o? ? You...quoi ? Face...qui ?... Vous ne savez plus comment ?tre
vous-m?me ?
Pour Cr?er, Partager et enfin Gagner ... D?couvrez iDOO en vid?o
http://www.idoo.com/fr/videomark.php