[goodfeel] using Openbook to handle PDF files?

  • From: "Patrick Walsh" <feofil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:35:29 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to scan this little light piece for Cello and Piano, "Fairy
Tales." by William Squire.  Unfortunately the page does not fit on the
scanner, and the last bar of each line gets dropped.  I am also having a
similar problem scanning Haydn's Sonata in E Minor for Cello, but in this
case the lines on the folde out run all the way across the foldout instead
of breaking in the fold.

I am thinking of using Openbook from Freedom Scientific to help solve this
problem.  My idea is to download the PDF versions of these scores and use
Openbook to create "Scan images" from the PDF and feed the scan files into
Sharp Eye.  I am wondering if anyone has done this?  I do not want to pay
for a subscription to a downloadable sheet music site unless I have a viable
solution for processing them.

Thanks

Patrick

GIF image