[goodfeel] Re: empty staves

  • From: "Andrew English \(paper music\)" <data@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:32:55 -0700

Debra,
Mostly, when Sharpeye inserts empty staves, it's because one or more systems have inconsistent staves within the system; such is the case with a piano introduction for the first system and the voice part is added in a subsequent system, and also at the end when the voice part (staff) drops out as the piano does the outro. In this case, I try to scan only the systems that have the highest consistent staves-per-system arrangement, requiring me to manually insert (in Lime) the missing measures before translating into GoodFeel. There is another work-around that takes some time, but might be worth it: edit the scanned images to include consistent staves-per-system for the entire piece.
   Sincerely, Andy
www.papermusic.org
Music Transcription and Consultation Services

----- Original Message ----- From: "Debra Hernstrom" <dhh@xxxxxxxxxx>