[goodfeel] Re: Significant Upgrade to GOODFEEL's Frequently-Asked Question ( F A Q) Page

  • From: "David Goldstein - Resource Center" <info2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:52:24 -0400

Congratulations to the star summer intern!  Congratulations, also, to the
star president, whose wwiting is a big part of this.  The upgrade is
certainly significant. You have indeed found the majority of the most
commonly asked questions on the list and put the answers in logical places.
I hope this is not considered to be a finished project. I hope more can be
done now and that it can continue to be updated as a regular part of what
Dancing Dots does.

While I'm sure everyone will have suggestions, my main question is, how do
people find this FAQ page?  Could there be something to make it really
obvious where to go from "support" on the main page?

And speaking of links, there are lots of times when Bill or Albert refers us
to links with additional information, using the full URL.  I have no idea
how one actually goes about finding them.  Could they be referenced on the
FAQ?

Some of the answers on the FAQ cover multiple subjects, and people might
skip by information that could be important to them if they navigate by
heading.  I wonder whether you would consider adding an additional heading
level that would take people to topics or important statements within the
answers.

Perhaps some of the main categories could be given more explanatory names,
or have a summary of what will be covered.  For instance, I skipped the
"Transcription" category in my first reading, because I didn't think it
would have anything important.  When I did read it, I found all the step by
step instructions, which really are important.

There may be a couple of Lime editing procedures mentioned on the list that
haven't been covered.  I'll try to think of some.

It's good that you have Music XML conversion.  A lot of people want to know
about .pdf music files and how to deal with them.

This FAQ is a very welcome service.  I look forward to its further growth.
Please do make it easy for everyone to find--that's the first order of
business, as far as I'm concerned.

David