[goodfeel] Re: Researching what other blind peopledowiththeir musical talent and would like to get to know those ofyouwhoare interested in sharing more about yourselves

  • From: Lindsey McHugh <lindseymchugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:43:03 -0700

Yeah, that's basically the way my university's music program is. Sound design is awesome because you look at a script and you decide which sound effects and cuts of music that would make the show come alive with sound. Depending on the resources available at that particular auditorium where the show is being performed, you can include in the written plot instructions for the person operating the sound board. For example, you could say that Cue 6 is supposed to be a surround effect or come from behind, etc., etc. It may not sound that way when you record it, but they can manipulate it to be like that once the files for the cues have been emailed. So, I would look at the script, do a written plot and then run that by the director to see if they like it or not. Then I would start recording and email all of the sound files to them. Each sound file is marked with the line spoken immediately before that cue is to be played, so that the person operating the sound board or computer (which might be different every time) doesn't have to have a script in front of them. I'm basically idiot-proofing everything. I had to do that for both the shows that I did this for for this theater company because those people hardly knew what they were doing.

** or send a message, to ** goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq