[goodfeel] Dancing Dots and Sibelius with Sibelius Speaking

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:03:39 -0400

Hi, Roger,

Dancing Dots still sells and supports  our Sibelius Speaking solution for
Sibelius version 3.  I made no mention of it because the original question
related specifically to GOODFEEL's compatibility with Vista.

As you know, Sibelius version 4 has been shipping for almost two years now.
Our independent developer has not updated his scripts for Sibelius to work
with Sibelius 4.  We may have some news about an updated version of Sibelius
Speaking later this year.

Sibelius and Sibelius Speaking are an excellent option for preparing printed
scores.  However, it is important to note that there is no braille music or
even braille display support in Sibelius Speaking.  That being said, one
could prepare the score in Sibelius and export a MusicXML version of the
score for import into Lime and subsequent transcription by GOODFEEL.  The
same limitations mentioned in my last post about importing MusicXML from
Finale apply to Sibelius.

Regards,
Bill