[gmpi] Re: Reqs Discuss: 12-15

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:25:59 +1300

> Agreed, but not impossible.  The simplest solution could be a single event
> to the plugin saying "you ate too much CPU last time - can you throttle
> down?".  If the plugin persists in misbehaving, the host can whack it.

I know some people will strongly dissagree with this.  In that, if a plugin
has two modes (Low-Quality/ High Quality), you don't want it switching
automatically 'behind your back'.
  If your CPU is struggling to run that convolution reverb, the user should
make the decision "I'll do that off-line".
  I don't want to master my stunning music ;) ... send it off to the CD
Manufacturer, only to later discover my reverb was switched to lo-fi mode
without me realising it.

Just an opinion,

Jeff