[glideplan_swproj] OSM Map tiles

  • From: Tomáš Zámečník <pulcik@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: glideplan_swproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 21:02:09 +0200 (CEST)

I was trying to find out why the osm map tiles are blurred.
It seems that osm map tiles are natively generated for 2D projection - I tried
to download tiles for flat maps and they are ok (not blurred).
Tiles for geocentric maps are probably created from those flat by some
stretching.
As a result they are blurred.
If we want sharp labels and lines on map, only possibility is to use real 2D.
How difficult is to have a globe with satellite map and beside it flat square
with OSM?
And how difficult would be switching between them (it means that in 2D is no
tilting).
For me (at first sight) it seems as a lot of work...

Tom

//www.freelists.org/list/glideplan_swproj