[ggcsquicksig] Re: big trouble reconciling

  • From: Babette Bloch <bcbloch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 10:10:42 -0700

Mike...if you are accepting downloaded transactions one at a time, you
should be able to find any you entered manually earlier than receiving
the download, and accept the match, thus not getting duplicate entries.

I agree that of you do get some, I'd delete the one that isn't marked "C"
for cleared...that's the downloaded one. (I had a couple of dupes
recently, and found that the manually entered one had no "C".

bb

On Sun, 05 Apr 2015 09:15:46 -0700 mike sterling <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
I get periodic failure to download transactions. Sometimes it downloads
much later, sometimes never. I do not know why that happens.
I just have to look for duplicates and delete when found. I usually do
this at reconciliation time (monthly) using the bank statement.
I never know whether it is better to delete the downloaded or
self-entered transaction; I usually delete the self-entered one.

On 4/4/2015 5:27 PM, Babette Bloch wrote:

Rick...The only mistakes I've ever seen with downloaded transactions is
when either there is a duplicate for some reason, or one is missing
altogether, and those have been few and far between.

Whenever I write a check I enter it manually, so that my balance in the
Quicken register is actual, not just cleared transactions. In the case of
credit card transactions, I wouldn't bother, because nothing will be
taken out of my cash accounts until I make a payment.

Russ downloads and enters his credit card transactions daily, as they
download ( i.e., clear the credit card company). It does, indeed keep
you absolutely up to date and aware of any possible errors or ID theft,
but frankly, I haven't had time to do that. I just eyeball the downloads
and then accept them when the statement comes in.

Babette

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 17:09:47 -0400 "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
(Redacted sender "VISTAPAY@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) writes:

PNG image