[ggcsquicksig] big trouble reconciling

  • From: "Irma " <irmbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggcsquicksig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 15:48:05 -0700

Hi Babette,

(I realize the timing of this request for help is not good, being that this
is a holiday weekend.)

I'm having an awful time reconciling my visa account in Quicken 2014.
Usually when I finish downloading there are no outstanding charges.
However, now nothing balances. I found a few transactions that hadn't
downloaded, so I went back to the bank list of transactions and downloaded
the missing items. They are now successfully downloaded but are designated
as cleared, as opposed to reconciled (from January-this problem has been
building since then). With each one the difference between the cleared
balance and the statement balance got larger. The difference is now $1000.

A couple of transactions were duplicates. This surprised me, because
generally a transaction only downloads once. I deleted the duplicates.

When I open the Reconcile Online Account tab it doesn't allow me to put in
the March ending balance-instead it has a fixed amount that is supposedly my
current ending balance.

Should I reconcile it with the online balance?

Thanks,

Irma