[ggc-urantialist] Re: Golden Gate Circle (SF Bay Area) Weekend Bulletin 4/14/13

  • From: Bohohwymus@xxxxxxx
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, socadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 01:15:42 -0400 (EDT)

GOLDEN GATE  CIRCLE
WEEKEND BULLETIN:
April 14,  2013

Sonoma Coast, Gualala

(*Please Note: this is the final bulletin under  the editorial guidance of
Dave Holt, next one will be completed under  a different editor* See message
at bottom.)

Reminders  of Upcoming U.S., and International Events
YaYA Regeneration  Conference
A Youth and Young Adult Conference, Gloucester, MA. Thurs, Apr 18-Sun, Apr
21, 2013
Register from: http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/
Summer Study Session, Northbrook, Il, July 10 -  14
Summer Study  Sessions, sponsored by the Fellowship Education Committee,
Techny Towers in  Northbrook, Illinois, just north of Chicago, on July 10 –
14. Click here to  register: http://www.regonline.com/Fellowship_SSS_13
The Education  Committee is looking for workshop leaders. Please ask
members of your group to  consider submitting a proposal for such a
presentation
on this year’s theme of  “Our Gift to God the Father: Service to the Supreme.
” The theme focuses our  partnership with God the Father, a relationship
that is made possible because of  the fragment of God within, furthered
realized through service, and facilitated  under the auspices of the emerging
Supreme Being. Proposals for workshops should  be emailed to Nick Stefero:
_nstefero@cox.net_ (mip://00d01678/nstefero@xxxxxxx) .
Sincerely, David  Kulieke, Chair, Education Committee of the Urantia Book
Fellowship
The  United Urantia Family Festival  (TUUFF-2013)
to celebrate Jesus/  Michael’s birthday at Yosemite, August 20-24, 2013!
This venue promises to be very  special since we will all gather together
at noon on August 21 at  the famed “Grizzly Giant” in Mariposa Grove,
believed to be an angelic place on  Urantia. Our theme: Celebrating Jesus’
Family,
in the Presence of  Angels!
The United Urantia Family  Festival 2013 will  be  a true Jesusonian
family-bonding memorable experience for all the ones  who will be present.
The  2013  Vancouver  Island Urantia Friends Campout
Campout  at Miracle  Beach! August 5 - 9, 2013.  Miracle Beach Provincial
Campground is located on the east coast of Vancouver  Island. This is a
beautiful space and the ocean here is spectacular! For further  information
contact _nebadon373@hotmail.com_ (mailto:nebadon373@xxxxxxxxxxx) .
Registration  fee is $60.00 per person.  Please send an email to register
and you can  mail your checks to:
Debbie Bartman
144 Tait Rd
Nanaimo, BC.  CANADA
V9X1C3
Jim Wallis Returns to the Bay Area, Thursday May 2, 7:30  PM

ON GOD’S SIDE: What Religion Forgets  and Politics Hasn't Learned About
Serving the Common  Good
Can  the common good be reclaimed? Jim Wallis looks at the best big ideas
from both  conservative and liberal thought: personal responsibility and
social  responsibility, respectively, both of which are essential to common
good.   “Don’t go right, don’t go left, go deeper,” Wallis says in “Inspiring
the Common  Good.”
Jim Wallis is  president and CEO of Sojourners and teaches at Georgetown
University.

First  Congregational Church of Berkeley (2345 Channing Way at Dana; enter
via  courtyard on Dana), Tickets $12 ($7 students) in advance only, Brown
Paper  Tickets online or 800-838-3006; $15 at the door

Pipeline of Light  Report
March 31, 2013
In the first quarter of 2013, Pipeline of Light  volunteers placed one
hundred and fifty-eight copies of The Urantia  Book into eleven countries. Your
donations to the Pipeline helped us  deliver books to readers and study
groups in Nigeria, Mexico, Kenya, Costa Rica,  Nicaragua, Chile, Pakistan, the
United States, the Philippines, El Salvador, and  Ecuador.
Current efforts bring our Pipeline all-time totals to  three thousand,
eight hundred and sixty-two books placed into seventy-five  countries around
the
world.  We  deeply appreciate the contributions of our volunteers and our
donors.  If you would like to contribute to this  work, donations can be made
online at:
http://urantiabook.org/urantia-book-store/contributions
or by mail to:  The Urantia Book Fellowship,  PO Box 6631, Broomfield, CO
80021
Thank you so much for your support!   Michelle Klimesh, Pipeline
Coordinator

West Sonoma Co.
The Youth  and Young Adult Committee New Video
YaYA  Committee has created a video introduction of the Urantia Book. If
you haven't  seen this on YouTube yet, it’s well worth the 5 minutes it takes
to watch it.  This is something I would like to see our society support!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DQJIrO2wm4M
(Courtesy,  Michelle Klimesh)
The First Urantian Shrine in the Holy Land (by  David Kantor, excerpted
from the Rocky Mt. Society of the Fellowship  Update)
"Throughout  these eventful days [following his baptism] Jesus lived in an
ancient rock  cavern, a shelter in the side of the hills near a village
sometime called Beit  Adis. He drank from the small spring which came from the
side of the hill near  this rock shelter." [136:4.14]
For many years there was a cave near the Jordanian village of Beit  Adis
(locals pronounce it "Bait Eddys") known as the Olive Press cave--inside  was
an ancient olive press. The cave was a local landmark, used to shelter farm
animals in inclement weather.
In 2006 J.J. Benitez showed up to visit the region and near-by  Pella. When
he saw the cave he told the locals he had a vision that this was a  cave
Jesus had stayed in during the forty days following his baptism.
The first thing to happen was that someone stole the olive press.  Word had
gotten out that it had been used by Jesus to make holy olive oil.
The cave is on the property of the local mosque. The Imam at the  mosque
and two other local men formed the Jordanian equivalent of a 501(c)3  called
"The Friends of Jesus' Cave Association." They were able to prevail upon  the
Jordanian Ministry of Tourism to do something about protecting the cave.
Apparently J.J. Benitez had told them they should prepare for an influx of
tourists who would be interested in seeing the  cave.
The Ministry of Tourism provided funds for the construction of a  stone
covering for the opening complete with a metal gate. They also provided an
olive press to put inside as a replacement for the one which had been  stolen.
In 2013, seven years later, I showed up--the first tourist in seven  years.
Staying in a small village nearby for a week word soon got out that I was
making videos of caves in the region and the director of "The Friends of
Jesus'  Cave Association" contacted me.
I had a great meeting with their three member board (see photo  above). I
gave them a copy of JANR and showed them sections about Pella and the
comment about Beit Adis. They were amazed that their obscure village--and the
cave J.J. Benitez claimed to have seen in a vision--was mentioned in a text
originally published in 1955. They also voiced great interest in having a
story  about Jesus with so much detail.
So the first Urantian shrine in the Holy Land is in a Muslim  country on
the grounds of a Mosque managed by a group of devout Muslims. The  Imam told
me that his people love Jesus but just don't think much of  Christianity.
These gentlemen asked me to extend a warm greeting to Urantia Book  readers
around the world along with an invitation to visit the Jesus cave.
I interviewed these guys and will have the video available at some  point
in the future, probably for the IC'14 film festival.
Do I think this is the cave Jesus stayed in? The surrounding  limestone
hills are full of caves and springs. I found a couple that I think are  a
better fit to the text of The Urantia Book. Watch for the Joshua ben Joseph
production, "Re-Imagining Jesus," still in post-production.
David Kantor

Dear  Readers:
   Thanks  for reading and enjoying our News. As of our GGC Business
meeting last  weekend, I have resigned my position as Communications Officer
and I
 am moving on to serve with other organizations in my "literary" poets
world.  I have enjoyed begin the GGC Bulletin editor since 2006!  May  we meet
again on the road of life.
Best Wishes to all,
Dave  Holt

JPEG image