[ggc-urantialist] Re: Golden Gate Circle (SF Bay Area) Weekend Bulletin 3/30/13

  • From: Bohohwymus@xxxxxxx
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, socadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:12:36 -0400 (EDT)

GOLDEN GATE  CIRCLE
WEEKEND BULLETIN:
March 30,  2013

Taylor Mt., Sonoma County (A. Tusler)

Reminders  of Upcoming Local and U.S. Events
Golden Gate Circle  Community Planning Meeting, Saturday, April 13 Time
TBD:
At Dennis Baker’s  house: 500 Poplar Ave. #304, Millbrae, CA 94030
(right across from  San Francisco airport)
For more info:  contact Dennis Baker, C.P.M., 415-309-0362 Cell
_dennisbaker2@comcast.net_ (mailto:dennisbaker2@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Claudia Ayers,  GGC President, writes, “I'll get an agenda going shortly...
but mainly: officer  elections... for which I want to run for Croatian
Translation Coordinator... and  get that, specific, job done.”
There will be an election of a new  Society President! Please come out and
vote ... or  serve!
Summer Study Session, Northbrook, Il, July 10 -  14
Summer Study  Sessions, sponsored by the Fellowship Education Committee,
Techny Towers in  Northbrook, Illinois, just north of Chicago, on July 10 –
14. Click here to  register: http://www.regonline.com/Fellowship_SSS_13
The Education  Committee is looking for workshop leaders. Please ask
members of your group to  consider submitting a proposal for such a
presentation
on this year’s theme of  “Our Gift to God the Father: Service to the Supreme.
” The theme focuses our  partnership with God the Father, a relationship
that is made possible because of  the fragment of God within, furthered
realized through service, and facilitated  under the auspices of the emerging
Supreme Being. Proposals for workshops should  be emailed to Nick Stefero:
_nstefero@cox.net_ (mip://00d01678/nstefero@xxxxxxx) .
Sincerely, David  Kulieke, Chair, Education Committee of the Urantia Book
Fellowship
A new event at this year’s  Seminars will be a Study Group Conclave. It
will meet during workshop times on  Saturday morning, July 13.  This  first
Study Group Conclave will be an open meeting beginning  with comments from
three Fellowship committee chairpersons: Lara Amyx of  Membership, Andrea
Barnes
of Outreach, and David Kulieke of Education. They will  briefly discuss how
their committees can help to support and expand study  groups, always
mindful of the desire of the study group for such assistance. The  floor will
be
open to ideas. The committees hope that suggestions will become an  ongoing
activity.
Please  contact: _david.kulieke@gmail.com_ (mailto:david.kulieke@xxxxxxxxx)
 with  questions or suggestions.
Introducing  The Study Buddy Program
Remember  when you first discovered The  Urantia Book? Do you remember how
so many things became suddenly  clear? How so much of history suddenly made
sense? How so many mysteries  suddenly had plausible explanations? And did
your relationship with God change  to a "nearer than breathing, closer than
hands and feet" loving companionship?  What a transformational experience to
learn that we live in a friendly Universe,  and there is nothing to
fear...ever...from our loving  Father.
Was  it sometimes difficult reading The  Urantia Book alone in wide-eyed
wonder, filled with hope and joy? Do  you treasure the experience of meeting
"new Urantia  Book readers" partly because you get to share in those early
moments  of amazement and profound enthusiasm?
There  are opportunities for you!  The Fellowship's Outreach and
International  Fellowship Committee along with our staff want to offer mentors
to new
readers,  to invite more people into the circles of our fellowship. We are
launching the  Study Buddy Program because we believe that every Urantia
Book reader should have someone to talk to, ask questions of, or  share
insights with, if they are so inclined.
We  are creating a list of long time Urantia students who are willing to
pair with  newer students one-to-one. Study Buddies can meet at a local fast
food place,  coffee shop, or library, or just over the phone. We need
permission to help one  Urantia reader to contact another so we ask, are you
interested in meeting with  and mentoring a new Urantia  Book reader
occasionally?
If you are interested in being or having a  Study Buddy to meet with, it's
easy; just fill out this form online,
_http://www.urantiabook.org/study/find-study-buddy_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001P2lto7LROFJzl9WlUIntsfstPGzOeOBAoq-o84X6EoQr6TVyNvfzQd5aA8iNAMGRcpAh
5UxXbp3AJr-jgc4F4qTryky8QohBScjAZ0TDpGsWPdwp8dGGOrDl4jOAVBjT3BymOZOBxzlkUTSU
2gnggQ==)  and  we'll do the rest.

Visit the Fellowship Archive and Read Meredith  Sprunger
In reformatting documents for the new website David Kantor came across
this document from Meredith Sprunger.  He discusses what constitutes the
religion of Jesus and at the end provides an outline of basic concepts around
which outreachers can construct their own illustrations of the  points.
http://www.urantiabook.org/archive/mjs_archive/living-religion-of-jesus.htm
Cheers! David
~ “A  man's reach  should exceed his grasp, Or  what's a heaven for?” ~
(from Andrea Del  Sarto, by Robert Browning)

Discourse  on the Water of Life

“On the last day, the great day of  the feast, as the procession from the
pool of Siloam passed through the temple  courts, and just after the water
and the wine had been poured down upon the  altar by the priests, Jesus,
standing among the pilgrims, said: “If any man and  woman thirst, let him and
her
come to me and drink. From the Father above I  bring to this world the
water of life. He or she who believes me shall be filled  with the spirit which
this water represents, for even the Scriptures have said,  ‘Out of him shall
flow rivers of living waters.’ When the Son of Man has  finished his work
on earth, there shall be poured out upon all flesh the living  Spirit of
Truth. Those who receive this spirit shall never know spiritual  thirst.”
(The Urantia Book;  Paper 162, Section 6, Pg. 1795, Courtesy  Elder E.
Andy, Facebook)
A Life of Service – Gordon Cosby
http://www.inwardoutward.org/
At 4:15 Wednesday morning, March  20, Gordon Cosby went home into the arms
of Jesus. At 94 years of age, he died  in hospice at Christ House, a medical
living community for the homeless, and one  of the myriad of ministries
formed by the Church of the Savior in Washington,  D.C., the church Gordon and
Mary Cosby founded in 1950.
The Church of the  Saviour, an ecumenical Christian church envisioned by
Gordon and Mary  Cosby in the early 1940's, was incorporated in 1947 in
Washington, D.C., when they and seven others became its first members. From the

beginning, church members sought to embody Christ in intentional and
sacrificial  ways, welcoming radical diversity and calling all to be ministers
through the  generous sacrifice of time, energy and resources.
Interpreting the  call to discipleship as the integration of two journeys
in community--an  inward  journey to grow in love of God, self and others and
an  outward  journey to help mend some part of creation--the church became
the catalyst for numerous helping ministries primarily in Adams Morgan, a
neighborhood two miles north of the White House.
While American churches were  divided between those who stressed evangelism
and those who focused on social  action, the Church of the Savior spoke of “
the inward and outward journey” of  deepening our lives in Jesus and then
letting him take us out into the world on  one creative mission after
another.
(from  Sojourners, Jim Wallis and the church’s web site)

From the  Mailbag …
Cristina Seaborn sent in this interesting  link:
http://biblicaltimes.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/update-pushing-back-the-date-o
f-the-earliest-human-settlements/
Gobekli Tepe (Nat.  Geograpic)
Update: Pushing Back The Date of the Earliest  Human Settlements
10/21/2012
Essay authored by Cherokee Shaman Chase Kyla Hunter [a pen name  ] on
3.7.2012 with updated additional historical material on  10.20.2012.
Excerpt: “I have believed all my life that the Urantia Book was given to
humankind  in an attempt to correct the many tragic errors of the past
regarding human  record-keeping and the actual age of human civilization. When
the
_Royal  Library of Alexandria was burned to the ground in the first century
A.D. _ (http://www.bede.org.uk/library.htm) all records of the most ancient
human settlements in the world, which  originated in ancient Mesopotamia,
going back nearly 500,000 years, disappeared  for all time. This unprecedented
tragedy in human record-keeping altered  humanity’s understanding of their
own deep history, and changed humanity’s  future forever.
“A  sentient species can have no possible idea of where they are going if
they  forget or erase the records of where they have already been. But that
is exactly  what has happened in human history repeatedly in the past 500,000
years _as periodic re-occurring cataclysms erased entire  civilizations_
(http://allnibiru247.net/) ,  inducing trauma and species-wide amnesia into
the stream of human history, and  altering our understanding of our own far
distant past. The Urantia Book was  given to humankind for many reasons, and
just one of them involves restoring the  most ancient records of the history
of human settlements, racial origins and  migrations, civilizations and the
history and evolution of human religion. It  was intended that the Urantia
Papers would be studied and cross-referenced with  traditional Christian
theology in order to enlighten and uplift human  understanding of both the
ancient origins of humankind, and the evolution of  human religion itself.

  Thanks for  tuning in and reading our news. And please -- Stay tuned!
Dave Holt, Communications Chair for  GGC

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image