[ggc-urantialist] Re: Golden Gate Circle (SF Bay Area) Weekend Bulletin 3/16/13

  • From: Bohohwymus@xxxxxxx
  • To: ggc-urantialist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ggc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, socadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 01:49:00 -0400 (EDT)

GOLDEN GATE  CIRCLE
WEEKEND BULLETIN:
March 16, 2013

Spring in  Penngrove

Reminders  of Upcoming Local and U.S. Events
YaYA Regeneration  Conference
A Youth and Young Adult Conference, Gloucester, MA. Thurs, Apr 18-Sun, Apr
21, 2013
Register from: _http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/_
(http://urantianow.com/yaya-regeneration-conference/)
ROB  BELL / What We Talk About When We Talk About God
Mar 18, 2013  7:30 PM @ Berkeley Arts & Letters, First Congregational
Church of  Berkeley (2345 Channing Way at Dana) Tickets $12 ($5 students) in
advance only;  $15 at the door
The Chancel Choir of St. John’s Episcopal Church, with Guests and
Orchestra, performs Mozart’s Requiem in D Minor (K.626)  on Sunday, March 24 at
4
pm, under the direction of Ernest Fredric Knell, at St. John’s  Episcopal
Church,
1707 Gouldin Road, off Thornhill, in the Montclair District.
“I am singing with this  group--should be a nice concert.” (Bettina Gray) ”
 -- Orchestra is from the  SF Opera orchestra and choir will have opera
chorus members as  well.

The  United Urantia Family Festival  (TUUFF-2013)
to celebrate Jesus/  Michael’s birthday at Yosemite, August 20-24, 2013!
This venue promises to be very  special since we will all gather together
at noon on August 21 at  the famed “Grizzly Giant” in Mariposa Grove,
believed to be an angelic place on  Urantia. Our theme: Celebrating Jesus’
Family,
in the Presence of  Angels!
The United Urantia Family  Festival 2013 will  be  a true Jesusonian
family-bonding memorable experience for all the ones  who will be present.
Remembrance and Celebration of  Jesus' Bestowal: Sunday, March  31
1:00  PM, 4:00 PM Potluck dinner
Place  and time: Larry and Elizabeth's home in Bonny Doon
220  Country Estates Terrace, Santa Cruz, Ca 95060
831-425-1882

Healthy Living Expo  in Long Beach
Here is an article by  Thomas Orjala on his latest outreach efforts in
California.   Enjoy!
_http://www.urantiabook.org/_blog/The_Fellowship_and_Dynamic_Outreach_
(http://www.urantiabook.org/_blog/The_Fellowship_and_Dynamic_Outreach)
Courtesy  of Andrea Barnes, Outreach Committee, Chair
Abegunde and Jeff Wattles in  Nigeria
Abegunde Julius Taiwo’s Facebook message  3/12/13
What are the possibilities of partnership with the  Holy Spirit?
Between us and the  Holy Spirit, there is no where we cannot go, nothing we
cannot do - the world is  not big enough! Is it not?
The Holy  Spirit—this is the initial supermind bestowal, and it unfailingly
appears in all  bona fide human personalities. This ministry to a
worship-craving and  wisdom-desiring mind creates the capacity to self-realize
the
postulate of human  survival, both in theologic concept and as an actual and
factual personality  experience. ~ The Urantia Book, (92:0.4).
Our obligation is to live by, and to keep in step  with, The Spirit! Romans
Chapter Eight states quite clearly that we live one of  two ways – either
by the Spirit, or by the sinful nature. The truth in this is,  that when we
desire to live Gods way, “Living in the Spirit” is the only option.  To live
in accordance with the Spirit, “our minds must be set on what the Spirit
desires” (v.5) and we obtain “life and peace” when “our minds are
controlled by  the Spirit”(v.6). So then, we “have an obligation - but it is
not to
the sinful  nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to
the sinful nature,  you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the
misdeeds of the body,  you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit
of God are sons of God”  (v.12-14).
"Be not deceived by those who come saying here is the  kingdom or there is
the kingdom, for my Father's kingdom concerns not things  visible and
material. And this kingdom is even now among you, for where the  spirit of God
teaches and leads the soul of man, there in reality is the kingdom  of heaven.
And this kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy
Spirit. " ~ Jesus, The Urantia Book, (137:8.9)
I am re-educating myself to adopt the attitude of “Amaze  me, Lord!” In
other words, not to be limited in my thinking as to the  possibilities for my
life in God, but to “enlarge the place of my tent, to  stretch my tent
curtains wide, to not hold back, to lengthen my cords, and to  strengthen my
stakes” (Isaiah 54:2 .

What about you!
Do  you see yourself as a valued partner of the Holy Spirit, ready and
willing to  tap into the gifts and potential within you, to bring glory to your
Heavenly  Father, and to live a life of seeing His will being bought to pass
where ever  you go together?
In partnership, our  obligation is to live by, but to keep in step with,
The Spirit! (Galatians  5:2.
The presence of the Holy Spirit of  the Universe Daughter of the Infinite
Spirit, of the Spirit of Truth of the  Universe Son of the Eternal Son, and
of the Adjuster-spirit of the Paradise  Father in or with an evolutionary
mortal, denotes symmetry of spiritual  endowment and ministry and qualifies
such a mortal consciously to realize the  faith-fact of son ship with God. ~
The Urantia Book, (34:5.4)  .

May we “humble ourselves before the  Lord and He will lift us up” (James
4:10.) Amen!
Abegunde Julius  Taiwo.

 Fruit Heaven  (Chilambo)

From  the Mailbag …
“I sure hope you and many locals  plan to attend the Rob Bell show Monday
eve in Berkeley.  Woosh I could go…  Here’s a modified phrase from his
latest book, re the term  “open”:
“Being open-- beyond all the ancient, primitive, superstitious  thinking
amidst a science of reason and logic and evidence.  What does God  have to do
with the new challenges we're facing and knowledge we're  acquiring?  Quite
a lot.  It turns out the universe is way, way  weirder than any of us first
thought. Weirdness will demand that we be  open.”
“So if you’re going  and are planning to present him a Urantia Book,
please remind him of the phrase,  “weirdness will demand that we be open.” From
Pamela Chaddock  ;)

The Boat
(By Kabir, translator Robert Bly’s  title)
The  Guest is inside you, and also inside me;
you know the sprout is hidden inside the  seed.
We are all struggling; none of  us has gone far.
Let your arrogance  go, and look around inside.

The  blue sky opens out farther and farther,
the daily sense of failure goes away,
the damage I have done to myself  fades,
a million suns come forward  with light,
when I sit firmly in that  world.

I hear bells ringing that  no one has shaken,
inside "love" there  is more joy than we know of,
rain  pours down, although the sky is clear of clouds,
there are whole rivers of light.
The universe is shot through in all parts by a single  sort of love.
How hard it is to feel  that joy in all our four bodies!

Those who hope to be reasonable about it  fail.
The arrogance of reason has  separated us from that love.
With the  word "reason" you already feel miles away.

How lucky Kabir is, that surrounded by all this  joy
he sings inside his own little  boat.
His poems amount to one soul  meeting another.
These songs are about  forgetting dying and loss.
They rise  above both coming in and going out.
Thanks for  tuning in and reading our news. And please -- Stay tuned!
Dave Holt, Communications Chair for  GGC

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image