[geocentrism] Re: earth tilt

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:03:29 +1000

Eh, your figure only has the Earth tilted at 45°...
But we actually have an example of close to 90° tilt in our Solar system.
Uranus is tilted 97.92° with respect to the Ecliptic and has a
15h34m12s rotation period and an 84 year revolution around the Sun.
  But to back to your simpler example:
* On the Equator, days would always be 24 hours long, but twice a
  year there would be 24 hours of Sun-set/rise - well the Sun would sit
  on the horizon.
* The poles would half half a year of "night" and half a year of "day".
* In between, the days would be 24 hours but the day or night part
  would progressively get shorter until a certain time of year (depending
  only on latitude) the Sun wouldn't set or rise until next spring/fall - just
  as is actually the case above the Polar Circles.
Elementary, my dear Watson..

     - Regner

philip madsen wrote:
Sounds like an april fools joke..  but I put it up as an exercise to consider whilst we wait for Regner's full answer to our claim number 1. From the helio perspective..  of course..

What would really happen to the length of our days and nights over a full year ... I'm trying without success to imagine what would happen if the axis was at 90 degrees.. the earth would still translate , countries on the equator would have permanent...the poles a very long hot summer and cold winter    I give up..   Philip..

26d_increase_AxialTilt.jpg (154932 bytes)